1. Who is Towing4Tots.org?
Towing4Tots.org is a 501(c)3 children’s charity organization that ensures that every dollar possible goes to a good cause! If you would like more detailed information about Towing 4 Tots, please visit the about us page.
2. What steps do I need to take to tow my car?
To donate your vehicle and receive free tow service and a tax-deductible receipt, please fill out the tow yard form and wait for us to contact you to schedule a pick up. Or you can call our Toll-Free number, 1-877-54-4-TOTS (1-877-54-4-8687).
3. Once I fill out the towyard form, how long will it take until my car is picked up?
You will be contacted by one of our towers to schedule a pickup within 24-72 hours of donating.
4. From which states do you provide free tow services?
We tow your car nationwide, including Hawaii. Whether you’re in New York or Oregon or anywhere in between, we will provide fast and efficient towing service.
5. Can I donate more than one car at a time?
Yes. You can donate an unlimited amount of vehicles to Towing 4 Tots by filling out the free towing form or contacting us. You will receive free tow service for each vehicle and a tax-deductible receipt for each vehicle.
6. What types of vehicles can you tow?
We provide free tow service for vans, trucks, boats, motorcycles and RV's. Please contact us regarding any other vehicles that are not listed here as we may be able to pick up other vehicles in specific states.
7. Will you tow a car in any condition?
Yes, towing junk vehicles is what we do. We don’t care if you haven’t driven your car in years. We’ll provide free tow service and give you a tax-receipt! Just fill out the online tow-your-car form or contact us.
8. Do I need to have a title for the car in order to have it picked up?
Yes. We need a title in order to tow a vehicle. If you don’t have a title, please contact us and provide the type of vehicle you would like to donate and its location so that we can determine if we can pick it up without a title. Please contact your local DMV if you need information on getting a title for your vehicle.
9. Do I need to have keys to the vehicle in order to donate it?
If you have keys to the car, please give them together with the vehicle when you donate it. If you don’t have keys (eg. they are lost), we can still provide free tow services for your vehicle.
10. Do I need to be there when the tow service company is removing my vehicle?
No. You should leave all the required documents inside the vehicle (eg. the glove box) so that the tower can tow away the vehicle without you being present. However, there are rare cases when the owner of the vehicle needs to be present (eg. a gate needs to be unlocked for the tow company so that they can tow the vehicle).
11. Can I keep any parts from my car? Can you take a car that’s missing parts, like wheels or an engine?
Yes.We can tow a vehicle that is missing parts. Please email us online or contact our customer service at 1-877-544-TOTS.
12. Do you sell car parts?
No. We do not sell or provide car parts. If you are looking for parts for your car, you can use a part locator service like GetUsedParts.com.
13. Will the tower give me a receipt after the car is towed?
In most cases, a receipt stating that your vehicle was removed by Towing4Tots is given at the time of pick up. The tax-deductible receipt, however, will be mailed to your home address within 2 weeks of pickup. When the tower assigned to pick up your vehicle contacts you to schedule tow services, you may ask for a receipt to be given to you at the time of removal just to ensure that you get one.
14. What are the criteria that you use to determine the value of my car for the Tax-Deductible receipt?
Before January of 2005, a donor of a vehicle was able to get the “Kelly Blue Book” value for a tax-deduction. However, “Blue Book” values are no longer allowed. The IRS allows you to claim a tax deduction of:
a) the value of your car donation up to $500, or
b) the amount we sell your vehicle for, if it is over $500. After you donate your junk vehicle, we will issue a receipt based on this law.
15. Do I get any money for donating my car?
No. We are a charity that tow cars for free and provided tow service. In return for your kind donation, you will not only receive free towing, but also a tax-deductible receipt and the knowledge that your money is going to a good cause!
16. Do I need to pay for anything?
No. There are no hidden fees or expenses. Towing4Tots provides 100% free tow services. Just fill out the free towing form and see how easy it is to become a car donor and receive free towing and a tax-deductible receipt!
17. If I have unpaid parking tickets, can I still get free towing?
Yes. Parking tickets will not prevent you from getting free tow services. However, parking tickets remain your responsibility to pay off as they are connected to your driver’s license and not the actual car.
18. What will you do with my car after it’s picked up?
Cars are either sold at auction or a junkyard for parts, scrap metal, or as a whole, depending on their condition.
19. I do not own the vehicle(s) on my property. They are abandoned. Can you take them?
No. At this time we cannot accept abandoned vehicles. If it is your vehicle but you do not have a title, you can submit your junk car online by filling out the towyard form or contact us. Our junk car removal representatives will contact you to verify if we can pick up the vehicle in your state, as each state has their own laws regarding titles.
20. What if I have the title to the car, but the car is in a different location. Can you still tow cars for free? What do I do with the title?
Yes, we can. However, we might have to make a special arrangement with the towing company that will be picking up your vehicle. Some towing companies require the title to be in hand before providing tow service for the vehicle while others can have the title mailed to them.